In our culture of fast-food restaurants, jet planes and instant messaging, we have no longer any time left. Anyway, during the time of a weekend afternoon, you can become a better photographer. Without even shooting one single frame.
- Open a photo book and start looking for what makes these images great to your eyes.
- Go to a museum (preferably not about photography, but more about old painting or engraving) and study the composition of the displayed works.
- Open the user manual of your preferred photo camera and discover those operating modes and features that you never use.
- Go join a photo club and speak to other photographers; They will teach you new things, new tricks and they will open your eyes if you listen to them.
- Start Photoshop, Lightroom, Aperture, or whatever photo software you use to work again on some of your oldest photos; You are going to rediscover them and you will get new ideas and the will to shoot them again.