I leave the keyboard for a couple of days and here is a flurry of people giving us information about the possible new Pentax SLR photo camera.
The most obvious point was the appearance of an ad for it.
And a German user informed us that the name should be Pentax K7D. This would be good to start what is expected as a significantly new product line in the Pentax SLR cameras.
The proclaimed price tag is €1500.
Two locations on the Internet published notably different (though precise) feature sets:
- Square (?) sensor 1.3x crop factor.
- A new, overhauled AF system
- Continuous shooting: 5fps or more
- 1.0x viewfinder
- 720p video with audio
- 1/8000s shutter
- 2.7 or 3.0 inch VGA res screen
- Same sensor as the K20D
- Sensitivity: Up to 6400 ISO with better noise treatment
- Continuous shooting: 5 images/sec
- 100 % viewfinder
- Better weatherproofing
- Mirror lockup
- Liveview and HD Video
- Better stabilizer.
- Better DRE mode
- 77 zones light metering
- Much better AF system even with non-SDM lenses
- 3 inches/ 920,000 pixels screen with in-body editing (crop, …)
- 1/8000s shutter with 1/250s flash sync
We’ll have to wait until 21 May…
Thanks to Mash and NeutralDay.