Sony Alpha 33, Sony Alpha 35, Sony Alpha 560, Sony Alpha 580, Sony Alpha 77, Sony NEX
Monday, April 4th, 2011
Discontinued Sony cameras
Messages from all over the world are announcing that Sony is currently discontinuing a number of SLR cameras:
- Sony Alpha 580 (from Singapore and other)
- Sony Alpha SLT 33
The most common interpretation of such news is that Sony is preparing a large number of official launches in the coming weeks. Most probably they will organize a blitzkrieg of press releases to wipe out the last memories of bad events following the recent earthquake and tsunami. This should start just before the NAB show in Las Vegas (April 9 to 14).
We expect to see:
- A new Sony Alpha 35 to replace (already) the Alpha 33 with only minor improvements but the same resolution.
- A new NEX-7 with more manual controls aimed at the expert public.
- The Sony Alpha 77 will not come in April, but only at the end of May or early June. But without waiting more, SonyAlphaRumors tells us that the EVF will be based upon a 3-MP OLED display (we already knew in January that it could have “more than 2 MP“).
- The Alpha 580 will not be replaced (the Alpha 77 will be enough to attract the same public at a very similar price point – Interesting, eh?).
But remember one thing. Sony intends to stage this regularly and up to the beginning of Summer.
Short URL: http://ylovephoto.com/en/?p=9966